PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE INQUIRING…
All Adoption decisions are made at the discretion of Canine Rescue volunteers.
1. Applicant MUST be 18 years or older to apply.
2. Adoption Application MUST be thoroughly completed with honesty
3. Pets currently in the home MUST be spayed or neutered
4. Pets currently in the home MUST be up-to-date on vaccines and heartworm preventative
5. Home property MUST be owned by applicant or if in rental property then the applicant MUST obtain landlord approval to have the pet(s)
6. Applicant MUST have a fenced yard OR provide multiple leashed outings daily for potty and exercise. No puppy/dog should ever be allowed outside in an unfenced area or without a leash.
7. Applicant MUST agree to a follow-up telephone interview with the foster parent after adoption is complete
ADOPTION INCLUDES A CONTRACT AGREEMENT BETWEEN CANINE RESCUE AND THE APPLICANT, WHO MUST AGREE TO ALL TERMS IN THE CONTRACT, A LEGAL DOCUMENT. FAILURE HONOR THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT CONSTITUTES A BREECH AND LEGAL ACTION MAY ENSUE.
A. ADOPTION FEES: Cover medical, food, and other basic care costs
B. Adoption Fees are NON-NEGOTIABLE and NON-REFUNDALE
C. Adoption fees differ from puppy-to-puppy or dog-to-dog
D. Cash is preferred but personal check with proper ID and validation may be arranged
E. NO credit cards are accepted
F. Once approved, you will be invited to make an appointment to meet the puppy/ dog(s) you have chosen.
G. If you have other puppy/dog(s) in the home, we encourage you to bring that pet along for the meeting.
H. APPROVAL AND VISITATION DOES NOT OBLIGATE YOU TO ADOPT. If you wish not to adopt once you have met the puppy/dog(s) then we will accept a cancellation of your application.
I. If all goes well during the visit, you may take your new baby home that day.
Out of State Adoptions:
1. We will adopt out of state when we feel this is the best choice for the puppy/dog(s).
2. Transport arrangements and costs are the sole responsibility of the adopter
3. We will not ship or ground transport puppies younger than 6 months or smaller than 8 lbs. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. The applicant must travel to Canine Rescue to pick up very small or young puppies.
5. Canine Rescue cannot assist with transport as we have limited volunteers